Thinking about applying to the major?
Do you need help deciding whether to apply to the Sociology Department for your major ? You ‘re invited to contact the Sociology Advisor to ask questions and explore the Degree Options, career opportunities and more .
Applying to the Sociology Major
The number of students admitted to the major is limited as a consequence of the structure of the sociology course of study and departmental staff capabilities .
- Completion of at least 45 college level credits.
- Completion of at least 5 credits of Sociology with a C- or better.
Path 1 (Immediate Declaration)
Students with a accumulative GPA of 2.85 or higher may submit their Admissions paperwork via e-mail at any time to the Sociology Department Advisor for approval and admission to the major. application process can take up to 1-2 weeks .
Path 2 (Application Review)
Students with a accumulative GPA lower than 2.85 should submit their Admissions paperwork to the Sociology Department via electronic mail on or before Friday of the 2nd workweek of fall, winter or spring quarter. ( There is not a Path 2 cycle Summer Quarter ). These applications will be reviewed and admission to the major will be based on a combination of overall GPA, Sociology GPA, and space available in the platform.
Students will receive presentment regarding their entree condition during the third base or fourth week of classes .
The Spring Quarter Path 2 deadline is Friday April 9th. submit documents electronically to Andrea.Osborn @ wwu.edu
Sociology Major Application Process
Please submit all documents by electronic mail to Andrea.Osborn @ wwu.edu .
The locked drop box next to Arntzen Hall 513 is not being checked at this time. Documents submitted there will not be seen or processed.
1. The sociology major application can be completed via PDF or Word format.
Read more: Investigative psychology – Wikipedia
2. Please complete the front of the lotion, attach a PDF or screenshot of your unofficial transcripts and submit via electronic mail to Andrea.Osborn @ wwu.edu. many virtual formats of completed forms are acceptable ; PDF attachment, Word attachment or scanned transcript of print shape are preferred. Screenshots or photograph attachments of completed hard copy via cell earphone are besides satisfactory .
3. Feedback will be provided via electronic mail regarding your application. **
** ( Please note the deadlines and feedback presentment timelines for Path 2 applicants, as listed above ) .
Graduation Procedures for Major Evaluations
Graduation paperwork is due to the Registrar’s Office at least two quarters in advance of graduation. Due dates can be found on the Degree Application.
Your gradation paperwork will include :
- Degree Application, completed by you (found on the Registrar’s Website).
- Major Evaluation, completed by the Sociology Program Coordinator.
- Minor Evaluation (if applicable) completed by your Minor Department.
Please contact Sociology Program Coordinator Andrea.Osborn@wwu.edu for a completed Major Evaluation. Please include your W# with your request. A copy of your evaluation will be emailed to you.**
**Please note, if your gradation paperwork due date falls within the Summer Quarter, please schedule your major evaluation the anterior bounce quarter .