Doctor of Education Degree (Ed. D.)
The UVA School of Education and Human Development Doctor of Education prepares highly certified practitioner-scholars who will be educational leaders within their organizations. These individuals will be well train for use in a number of settings ( for example, K-12 settings, non-profits, policy organizations, or in higher education ) .
A successful E five hundred.D. candidate is:
- planning to continue work as a practitioner in a school/college/university/organization, as an educational leader in a foundation, NGO, or other organization focused on educational practice and policy;
- resolved to critical study of personal and professional practices in education settings for transformational learning;
- committed to on-going study of educational research and trends to bolster success;
- interested in studying specific settings, the impacts of these practices and policies, and the ways that schooling can improve the lives of communities, schools, families, and individuals;
- interested in practical applications of research and evaluation to improve educational ends for all students;
- concerned with advocating for equity in educational settings;
- interested in identifying and solving educational problems within a specific context using systematic research methods.
The Education Doctorate (E vitamin d.D.)
The Education doctor’s degree is a professional degree that places vehemence on professional cognition, reflecting on professional practices, and conducting and applying research in professional context. By bridging rehearse and research, the program prepares students to strategically confront the complex realities and challenges facing education now and in the future from a broad-based disciplinary position. The degree allows students to become agents of change, to develop reflexivity, and perform and use systematic ways of studying commit .
Throughout the plan, practitioners transform their professional learning through examining the values and beliefs found in educational context. professional practices and the practices of others are changed based on new cognition and skills. The effect of the program is the expansion of professional cognition ; that is multi-disciplinary, insightful, creative and focused on the complex issues and practices found in teaching and determine settings.
Drawing on both academic and professional cognition, students strategically confront, analyze, and change the building complex realities facing schools and educational organizations. The Ed. D. course of study provides students the opportunity to identify a problem of practice that can be studied systematically for the function of fostering positive change in a specific constitution. Students understand how different kinds of cognition are produced and the differences between the roles of a practitioner-scholar and a research worker in cognition production. Educational change based on taxonomic study and the opportunity for success for all populations is the ultimate goal.
Read more: Theatre Education & Performance
Reading: Doctor of Education Degree (Ed. D.)
Distinctions between the E d.D. and P planck’s constant.D.
The Education Doctorate is a professional degree designed to support practitioner-scholars in their pursuit of identify, studying, and solving problems of practice in a shape setting. To this end, the course of study consists of research cognition and skills that can be applied to problems of practice, skills to analyze and apply research, cognition of capacity and hypothesis and current educational issues .
The Education Doctorate differs from the Ph.D. that is offered at the Curry School of Education and Human Development. The Ph.D. develops academic scholars who develop a lineage of research in conjunction with a mentor and often within a disciplinary fix. The course of study is focused on research cognition and skills, advanced methodological skills, and research design and procedures along with train and sharing research results. Applying academic and theoretical cognition to academic research allows students to reflect critically on methods and results within a body of cognition .
E vitamin d.D. Program Basic Beliefs
- Professional practice is sensitive to context and time.
- Professional knowledge is multi-disciplinary.
- Practitioner research is the systematic study of complex problems of practice.
- Critical reflection, knowledge, and research can lead to transformational learning for expert practitioners.
E five hundred.D. Program Focus Skills
- Analysis of educational contexts and needs
- Clear and cogent writing
- Synthesis of empirical and practitioner literature
- Identification and systematic study of a problem of practice
- Establishing and communicating clear recommendations to an organization for positive change
- Development of professional capital
- Hone cooperative and collaboration skills
Curry E five hundred.D. Program Milestones
- EDLF 8382: Inquiry
- Preliminary exam
- Comprehensive exam
- Capstone Proposal
- Capstone Final Presentation