What is the Siren Archetype?
The Siren Archetype is symbolic of the power that women have over men. She is the male fantasy come to animation – attractive, sensuous, alluring, mighty, seductive and possessed of erotic department of energy .
When a man encounters the Siren he experiences a firm physical and emotional reply and drawing card, the Siren ’ south qualities proving a potent combination which the man is ailing equipped to resist .
The Siren appeals to the man ’ s attraction to the wild, unfamiliar and dangerous aspects of the world.
Siren Archetype Characteristics & Traits
- The Siren thrives on their desire for personal pleasure and playfulness.
- They revel in enjoying their senses and the pleasure they can bring as well as pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable to society.
- They are confident and exotic.
- They focus on physical appearance so that they are always impeccably turned out and ready for any opportunity to enjoy seduction whenever it may present itself.
- Above all, the Siren archetype has confidence in their own allure.
- They do not seek confirmation from men that they are attractive, rather having an innate understanding within themselves that they are attractive and desirable.
- They celebrate rather than denigrating men, not seeing them as the enemy but rather as friends and cohorts to be valued and enjoyed for everything they can bring to life.
- They embrace life to the full, making the most of all of the experiences which it has to offer.
5 Types of the Siren Archetype
There are five types of the archetypal Siren – the Goddess, the Competitor, the Companion, the Sex Kitten and the mother :
1. The Goddess Siren
The Goddess Siren uses her illusiveness in orderliness to attract and appeal to men, with men succumbing to a sense of wanting what they can not have .
2. The Competitor Siren
The Competitor Siren at home in the traditional worlds of men such as the Board Room. A tomboy and risk-taker, she is more comfortable in the party of men than women. Whilst this makes the Competitor Siren low care, she is sexually aggressive.
3. The Companion Siren
The Companion Siren is the best acquaintance of the man – the ultimate exercise of the saying ‘ behind every successful world there is a good woman ’ .
4. The Mother Siren
The Mother Siren understands instinctually what men need and provides it, be it emotionally, physically or sexually .
5. The Sex Kitten Siren
The Sex Kitten Siren relates strongly to men on a sexual and sensuous level. She is the tactile, feminine womanhood who becomes a serviceman ’ s muse.
Siren Archetype Examples
An case of the Siren Archetype is Marilyn Monroe .
A sensuous, attractive womanhood who made the most of her tempt to men and enjoyed making the most of the physical pleasures of life, Marilyn has become a sexual activity symbol around the world tied since her own death .
further reading on the siren original includes :