What is repeat business and why is it important?
reprise business is when a customer shops with your company repeatedly. In the best-case scenarios, these customers become patriotic supporters of the brand and workshop with you regularly over time. According to Constant Contact, repeat business is so important because :
- Businesses thrive with customer retention: One of the top reasons repeat business is important is that most businesses are built with the help of loyal customers who shop with them regularly.
- Word-of-mouth promotion: Loyal customers will often promote your business for free. Once a customer has found a company that they love and frequent, they become far more likely to promote the business to their families, friends and social media followers.
- More money: Customers are more likely to spend more money at businesses they feel they can trust and rely on.
- Eager customers: Repeat customers are often easier to sell new products and services Given that they already trust your brand, it is much easier to sell them on new products and services you are offering.
- New customer costs: Another benefit of repeat business is that new customers cost more to acquire, especially if you’re trying to get them to the same loyalty level as existing ones.
Bottom Line: Repeat business is a term used to describe when customers shop with your company repeatedly.
7 simple strategies to nurture repeat business
There are hundreds of ways to generate reprise business, but if you ‘re looking for quick, simple and effective, the succeed seven strategies will serve you well .
1. Start a loyalty program.
One of the classic ways to encourage repeat business is to start a loyalty program. You can get american samoa complex as you want, but elementary is normally the most effective. All you need to do is gather a customer ‘s data, give them a limited account numeral or circuit board, and then start rewarding them when they make a irregular purchase or reach a certain dollar limit. not only do loyalty programs encourage duplicate purchase demeanor, but they besides tend to increase the average transaction size. here are some tips for an effective loyalty program :
- Make sure to have special offers exclusively for members of your loyalty program.
- Offer special rewards for members who refer customers to your business.
- Make use of a bonus point campaign.
- Organize a prize draw for loyalty program members.
- Make sure loyalty members are given top priority.
2. Offer personalized customer service.
These days, people are accustomed to being treated as nothing more than customers. You walk into your local big-box retail memory, and cipher knows that you ‘ve been there 100 times earlier. Do n’t treat your customers like this if you want their repeat business. The floor of customer service you provide during a customer ‘s visit to your store will dictate their view of you. Another capital method acting of personalizing service is sending personalize electronic mail commercialize, which is targeting an electronic mail political campaign to a specific subscriber based on the data that you already have about them. Personalized service with lots of attention goes a hanker way toward building convinced rapport ( and repeat business ) .
3. Give out future-use coupons.
A lot of customers come to a particular store looking for one item. If they find that detail, they purchase it and then do n’t have much of a argue to return. You can capture these people and encourage recur business by offering them future-use coupons. For example, for every $ 50 purchase in your shop, you could offer a coupon for 10 % off that can be applied to a future purchase. This gives them a reason to return when they otherwise might not have had one.
Tip: If a customer is using your storehouse ’ randomness web site, it would besides be helpful to include on-line coupon codes that can be applied at check. This can encourage customers to return to see what other potential coupons they could use on-line .
4. Get customers’ contact info.
It should be your goal to get some contact information from every customer who walks through your doors. With contact information – such as name, earphone numeral, e-mail address and mailing address – you can reach out to customers in the future, and make them aware of sales and deals. This allows you to engage them on your terms, not fair when they decide to shop with you. This will besides help to build a relationship with your customers. [Add a top text message marketing service to your marketing arsenal to stay engaged with customers.]
5. Offer some freebies.
The key to driving reprise business is to stay on exceed of your customers ‘ minds. Once they leave your store, you have to make them remember you. This is why companies invest therefore much in free promotional materials. “ Those gimmicky pens and calendars very do ferment, ” says Linda Hamburger, a market adviser for On Call PR. “ Lay in a add of gifts that you can bridge player out to special folks as a way of showing that you value their trade. even an low-cost pen with your logo on it can feel like a give if it ‘s given judiciously to a blue-ribbon few buyers. ”
6. Offer customers the opportunity to provide feedback.
Providing feedback opportunities will make your customers feel learn and as though they are more than precisely another number. There are many different methods available for getting feedback, but one of the most coarse is the use of anonymous surveys. When looking for feedback, it is authoritative to ask for it often. Make certain you provide the opportunity for customers to leave reviews across multiple platforms .
7. Maintain an active social media presence.
social media is uniquely valuable in developing a personality for your brand. It besides helps to keep your occupation top of mind. creative, attention-getting social media posts not alone earn attention for your clientele, but besides provide your current customers with corporeal to point to when recommending you to early people. Video capacity is particularly helpful in showing the sub-rosa employment that you do in order to keep your business running smoothly.
Keep them coming back for more
According to the script Leading on the Edge of Chaos, a 2 % increase in customer memory has the lapp effect on a company ‘s profits as cutting costs by 10 %. Think about that for a infinitesimal. By retaining precisely 2 % more of your customer base, you ‘d basically be doing the like thing as cutting costs by 10 %. That ‘s huge. additionally, the more times a customer comes back and has a convinced experience purchasing a merchandise from you, the more likely it is that they ‘ll return in the future and tell their friends. To earn repeat business, you need to make sure you ‘re doing the right things. The techniques in this article are a big place to start .