many homeowners love the look of hardwood floors, but they don ’ metric ton necessarily love the cost. One capital option to the meaning investment that hardwood floors require is laminate shock, which helps you achieve that ample spirit and feel at a more economical price. Pergo, the swedish company that invented laminate flooring, is long-familiar as a leave sword. Pergo flooring offers a count of different options that help you achieve a hardwood expression with the elegant visibility you want. And because it lasts up to 20 years, it ’ s an economic investing that you won ’ t need to replace for years to come. The average monetary value for Pergo floorboards, including installation and tug costs, is approximately $6 per square foot with a range of $3 to $22 per square foot. If your room is approximately 500 squarely feet, you can expect to spend about $1,800 to $2,200 total, including materials and undertaking ( but excluding extra costs, such as clean-up and subflooring rectify ) .
How Much Does It Cost to Install Pergo Flooring Near You?
Pergo laminate deck costs tend to be fairly alike across the U.S., with most locations offering styles in the $2 to $3 range per square foot. In addition, you ’ ll need to figure in department of labor costs, which tend to be about the lapp as the cost for your deck materials for a total average around $6 per square foot .
How Much Pergo Laminate Flooring Can I Get on My Budget?
Most hardwood flooring materials presently cost anywhere from $3 to $10 per square foot, compared to $2 to $3 per square foot for Pergo options. If you ’ re trying to trim costs to fit your flooring project budget, consider leaving out the floor areas of shroud spaces such as closets. You can besides choose to install deck in one room at a time alternatively of your entire family. This will help you spread out costs over time. If you ’ re an have DIYer, you can besides consider handling the occupation yourself. This will cut your visualize costs roughly in half. At the average national price for materials and labor movement, your flooring budget will cover the come square footage :
- A $1,000 budget will cover approximately 100 to 150 square feet .
- For $5,000, you can generally install deck for about 800 square feet —enough for two or three bedrooms plus one extra board ( such as a know room or lair ) .
- With $14,000, you can install Pergo flooring for the average-sized individual family house of approximately 2,300 square feet .
How Much Does It Cost to Install Pergo Laminate Flooring Yourself?
In addition to the costs of the flooring itself, you ’ ll need specific tools and equipment that an know contractile organ may bring to the job for no extra cost. If you don ’ t have the tools you need, you ’ ll have to figure in those costs to your project total. extra materials and tools include :
- Tapping stop : $8–$10
- carpet pad : $3–$5 per square foot
- Barrier sheet : $50–$60 for 1,000 square feet
- Polyethylene videotape : $10–$15 per 50-yard roll
You ’ ll besides need basic and specify home improvement tools and safety gear, such as eye protection ( goggles ), knee pads, drills, a utility knife, a degree, a moisture meter ( particularly if you ’ rhenium install over concrete ), a vaporization barrier, and a table or circular learn .
Pergo Laminate Flooring Cost Breakdown
malkovkosta – stock.adobe.com Budgeting your Pergo laminate shock project means understanding what you can reasonably expect to pay in your area for each command project part. generally speaking, your costs can be broken down into three independent categories .
In most geographic regions of the U.S., Pergo laminate flooring costs between $2 and $3. Certain products may be priced higher in one or more areas .
tug costs vary from sphere to area and according to the professional ’ south skill level and come of feel. On average, you can expect that labor costs will be roughly equivalent to the cost of materials, with a distinctive range between $3 and $5 per square foot.
however, if your subfloor needs to be repaired before your laminate floorboards can be properly installed, you ’ ll need to pay for extra department of labor. The average shock haunt price for a room in a residential house is approximately $300, with a distinctive cost compass of $200 to $600 .
Removal and Clean-Up
After your floor has been installed, you ’ ll need to arrange for the removed flooring and debris to be cleaned up and properly disposed of. This servicing typically costs between $0.10 and $0.50 per square foot, although some professionals prefer to quote a two-dimensional pace .
How Much Does Pergo Laminate Flooring Cost by Type and Style?
Pergo offers many color, texture, and finish choices in its laminate shock, making it easy to find the mighty count for your visualize and budget. In addition, Pergo laminate deck can come with rainproof, tarnish proof, and scratch and dent immune features. Each choice can result in a very different look and feel for your home, so view your options in person before you make a concluding decisiveness. Most Pergo laminate flooring costs an average of between $2 and $3 per square foot, regardless of style or features .
What Factors Influence the Cost to Install Pergo Laminate Flooring?
While the price of Pergo flooring seems to be fairly consistent on a national basis, a few factors can impact your overall undertaking cost. In addition to those factors, you ’ ll want to budget for unanticipated costs. Adding approximately 10 % of the project ’ s total estimated monetary value will broadly be sufficient to provide an appropriate buffer or extra fabric that you can use for future repairs .
Size and Shape of Room
If you ’ ra installing deck for a room that ’ sulfur curiously shaped, with cutout or niched areas that require special measurements and cutting for your laminate flooring, you ’ ll likely receive extra costs for labor and possibly besides materials .
Current Condition of the Floor
If the subflooring needs to be repaired or replaced, you ’ ll need to budget approximately $10 more per square foot .
Local Labor Costs
distinctive costs for undertaking in the home improvement and construction areas can vary from region to region and from urban areas to rural communities. On average, the department of labor cost to install Pergo laminate deck will be about $5.00 per square foot. however, if that design is higher or lower by even a little piece, it could change your sum project cost substantially depending on the size of the room or rooms. additionally, laminate floor repairs average around $750, with a range between $300 and $1,300, depending on the largeness of repairs needed. related articleHow Much Does Laminate Flooring Installation Cost? The median cost to install laminate deck is $ 2,800
FAQs About Pergo Laminate Flooring Installation
Should I install Pergo laminate flooring myself?
While laminate facility is broadly an easier undertaking than installing actual hardwood flooring, it ’ s not a beginner-level DIY job. Remember that facility of any kind of laminate floor requires experience in using an electric saw and specify tools. A professional contractor brings required tools to the job site at no excess expense, beyond the ordinary labor costs, whereas a DIY project means you have to buy or rent those items yourself. For these reasons, you may prefer to hire a local laminate floor installer near you and let the pros handle the job .
How do I install Pergo laminate flooring myself?
If you feel confident in your DIY skills and have experience handling a table or round determine, you may choose to install your newfangled Pergo laminate flooring yourself. here ’ s how to do it :
- Make sure you have the tools and materials you’ll need for installation. These include guard goggles, videotape measuring stick, drills, power saw ( unless you ’ re getting your floorboards cut elsewhere ), carpet pad, barrier sheet, polyethylene tape, and a tap block .
- Carefully measure the room. Determine the length of each of the walls, and make surely you besides include any particular cutout or niched areas that besides need flooring. Round any partial figures up to the future highest wholly number. You may want to add a buffer of 5 % to 10 % to account for accidents or future repairs .
- Review the installation method. Snap-together products don ’ t require any extra nails or other adhesives. other kinds might necessitate industrial-strength glues or early adhesives .
- Remove the existing flooring. Wear a dust dissemble and work gloves, and be particularly timid in removing existing hardwood ; the wrong approach can permanently damage your subflooring. If you ’ re uncertain at all about this undertaking, hire a local shock party to do it for you .
- Prep your subflooring. If you ’ re installing Pergo laminate over concrete, fill in dents or gloomy spots, check the moisture level, and lay down plastic sheet. If you ’ re working on peak of tile, filling in cracks and add grout to create a uniform surface .
- Cut your boards. Double-check your measurements and either cut the boards you ’ ll necessitate to the correct size yourself or have it done for you by a master. It ’ s substantive to get this part right !
- Install the boards. Lay the boards plumb line to the floor ’ randomness joists. Tap the display panel gently with a hammer or block to ensure it locks into place with the adjacent board .
What should I consider when selecting Pergo laminate flooring for my home?
With therefore many aesthetic and end options available, the major considerations for choosing Pergo laminate flooring for your home come down to your personal preferences. Consider your existing home interior decoration style and color palettes for the room where you ’ re planning to install newly flooring. Don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate hesitate to ask the flooring adept at your installation warehouse or retailer for aid in picking the right shock type, coloring material, and finish options.
Read more: Death By Zipper – Dan’s Papers
What other projects should I do at the same time?
It ’ second best to complete any extra updates in a specific room before you install newly flooring there. Save the floor successor bring for last so that any wear and tear, dents, or other damage gets absorbed by the old flooring and not your fresh investment. relate articleThe Differences Between Laminate and Hardwood Flooring, Explained Laminate and hardwood floors appear alike to the untrained eye, but you can learn to spot the difference in look and performance