Registrar | Academic Administration | Loras College

My registration is blocked. Why?
Answer : Your registration may be blocked if you fail to meet an obligation to the College. This includes, but is not limited to, failure to pay registration/tuition fees or other outstanding debts, angstrom well as failure to submit request documentation to certain offices ( i.e. Health Services ). If you have a fiscal block you need to contact the Loras College Business Office ( 563.588.7335 ) to get this reserve resolved. No transcript requests will be processed until the agree is cleared .
Where can I check if a class still has open seats?
You will need to view the on-line complete agenda of classes, for the terminus in question. It will allow you see the course seat capability, arsenic well as the phone number of available seats. The schedule besides includes a column to indicate whether a waitlist is active. The schedule can be found on the IQ main-page, under the intend term information .
I’m a U.S. Armed Services Veteran or Service Member. Where do I go to apply for benefits?
Your VA School Certifying Official is your compass point of contact for any questions you might have about applying your educational benefits to the price of attendance at Loras College. Please see the following for a list of what veterans by and large need to provide :

  1. Veteran’s certification worksheet – See our veterans veterans educational benefits
  2. Copy of veteran’s discharge paperwork (DD-214)
  3. Official (sealed or secure digital) copy of veteran’s American Council on Education (ACE) certified transcript for any military training: (for Air Force, use this link:
  4. Current Certificate of Eligibility (COE), received after a veteran applies for benefits on the GI Bill website:

For transfer students, we would require all the above, in addition to the follow :
Official transcript ( s ) from any erstwhile institution of higher learn, or record of examination credits from Advanced Placement run work, CLEP exams, DANTES exams, etc. copy of the veteran ’ randomness VA 22-1995 Request For Change of Program or Place of Training ( hypertext transfer protocol : // )

please note : If you are the recipient of transfer benefits from a spouse or parent, the transfer needs to transfer the benefits on the GI Bill website ( hypertext transfer protocol : // ) before you can apply for the transfer benefit .
How do I get my final grades?
Students should log into their IQ to view their grades, via the Academic Profile Menu. Under the Academic Profile Menu students will be able to view stream grades vitamin a well as induce access to an unofficial transcript. Students who need a written confirmation of their grades can copy and paste their unofficial transcript from their web-advisor. For instructions on how to club an official transcript, sojourn .
How do I show proof of graduation before degrees are officially approved and posted to the transcript?
You can request a verification of Completion Letter from the Registrar ’ s Office. You can either request this in-person by showing a valid photograph id, or request this via mail by providing us with a written request. This written request must include your name, birth date, id phone number or final four of your SSN, mailing address and your touch. We can not accept this request over the telephone. You may besides fax us the written request to 563.588.7779, or email it to registrar @ The mailing address for the Registrar ’ mho Office at Loras College is, 1450 Alta Vista St. Mailbox # 1, Dubuque, IA 52001. There is no cost for this letter of verification .
I just graduated. When and how will I get my diploma?
There is a 2-3 month waiting time period after completion. This enables the Office of the Registrar to post grades and verify majors/minors as dictated by the college. Diplomas are automatically mailed to the mail address supplied to the college on your lotion. You must remember, just because you have participated in commencement, does not mean you have formally graduated .
I need to get official verification of my student status. Where do I go?
In general, students who need confirmation of their registration have a specific need for an official signature and/or school seal. That can be obtained by going to the Registrar ’ mho Office in-person, or by written request. This written request must include your name, parturition date, id number or last four of your SSN, mailing address and your signature. We can not accept this request over the phone .
You may besides fax us the written request to 563.588.7779, or email it to registrar @ The mail address for the Registrar ’ s Office at Loras College is, 1450 Alta Vista St. Mailbox # 1, Dubuque, IA 52001. This is provided to current and former students at no cost .
What is the Office of the Registrar’s policy on release and disclosure of student records?
Under the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act ( FERPA ) of 1974 and provisions of state of matter law relating to populace records disclosure, the Loras College Policies Applying to the Disclosure of Information from student Records and the Loras Campus ’ execution of that policy assure Loras students the follow rights :

  1. To inspect and review their student records.
  2. To have withheld from public disclosure, absent their prior consent, personally identifiable information from their student records.
  3. To inspect records maintained by Campus offices concerning disclosure of confidential information from their student records.
  4. To seek corrections of their records through a request to amend the records, or a request for a hearing to challenge the content of their records, or to include a written statement therein.
  5. To file complaints with the Office of the Chancellor or with the U.S. Department of Education regarding violations of the rights accorded by Federal law or University policy.

FERPA permits the disclosure of PII from students ’ education records, without accept of the scholar, if the disclosure meets certain conditions found in §99.31 of the FERPA regulations. Except for disclosures to educate officials, disclosures related to some discriminative orders or legitimately issued subpoenas, disclosures of directory information, and disclosures to the scholar, §99.32 of FERPA regulations requires the initiation to record the disclosure. eligible students have a right to inspect and review the phonograph record of disclosures .
How do I change my anticipated graduation date?
You are able to change your gradation date by plainly informing the Registrar ’ second Office of the change. Please email your request to registrar @, stating the reason for the change, a well as confirmation of scholar information. This request may besides be done in person at Keane Hall, Room 121. You may only change your graduation date one semester. If you have already made this variety and indigence to push forward you graduation date again you MUST re-apply .
When must coursework be completed to replace a grade of “incomplete” from the previous semester?
The incomplete work must be completed and submitted to the teacher and a permanent grade recorded by midterm of the adjacent semester of the college calendar. If a degree of Incomplete is given during the January term, the bring must be completed by midterm examination of the subsequent form semester. If the scholar misses critical experiences of the January term course due to circumstances beyond his/her see, the scholar will receive a grade of “ W ” ( withdraw ) for the course. If the Incomplete grade is not replaced by a permanent degree by this date, the “ I ” grade is replaced by the “ F ” ( fail ) grade .
If a scholar is awarded an “ F ” grade because the teacher did not submit a final grade by midterm, the teacher has until the last official day of the semester to change the class. After the final day of the semester, the “ F ” grade becomes a permanent grade and can not be changed without a conventional appeal. An teacher may recommend to the Registrar ’ south Office an extension of the midterm deadline in cases of particular adversity.

If I’m an incoming student how may I receive credit for a college-level course from anther institution?
College-level coursework that is comparable to the Loras College course of study requirements and in which a minimum grade of “ C ” was earned is assignable to Loras ( see Transfer Credit Policy for more contingent ). Students who do not meet the minimal transfer requirements may be reviewed by the Admission Standards Committee on an individual basis .
The remove applicant must submit Official academic transcript ( s ) from each college/university attended. It should be noted that transfer students who do not submit all official transcripts will be blocked from registering for their second term until such prison term as official transcripts are received. transfer applicants will receive an official accredit evaluation of previous college coursework at the time of acceptance. They may receive an unofficial accredit evaluation upon request. Students should contact their Admissions Representative for more information .
How do I make a change of address?
It is the responsibility of the scholar to update or correct their cover data through the Registrar ’ second Office. Every student must have a permanent address on file. You can make a change of address by visiting the Registrars Office and providing a photograph ID. This request can besides be made by sending the Registrar an electronic mail at registrar @, with the update address, from your current Loras e-mail account .
May I still participate in commencement even though I won’t be finished with my program?
Yes, you may hush participate in beginning, even if you are not completed with your program of sketch. Considering we only have one commencement a year, it is not uncommon for students to participate early on, careless of completion date. When applying for gradation, you will be asked the date of beginning angstrom well as anticipated degree completion date .
When can I register for classes via web-advisor?
Each student is sent a specific adjustment time/date, via their Loras electronic mail. This meter is determined by the total number of completed credits at the time the allow is generated. This does not count the current credits in-progress. Make sure to check your spam booklet if you can not locate your permit in your electronic mail inbox .
I need to withdraw from school, who do I contact?
This process begins with the Academic Success and Retention Coordinator, located in the Academic Resource Center, Room 135. 563.588.7639 .
A course I need to take is offered at Clarke University or University of Dubuque, how do I register?
These schools are depart of the the Tri-college experience offered to Loras students. This means you may take a course at either of these institutions as if you were taking it in residence at Loras College. Financial Aid from Loras may be distributed towards these courses off campus. This course will count towards your current GPA at Loras College. To register for one of these courses, you must logon the initiation ’ s web site and access their current path schedule for the semester you want to attend. once you have found the course you want to take, complete the on-line form located on the IQ chief foliate under Academic forms .
After the on-line form has been submitted to the Office of the Registrar, we will work with the partner university to place you in your requested course. If successful, the course will appear on your Loras schedule. unsuccessful requests will result in a presentment electronic mail to the student. If there are scheduling conflicts on your Loras agenda, you will receive an electronic mail request ratification of your favored course .
The online schedule shows there are seats available for registration, but when I attempt to register it still shows a wait-list. Why?
There may indeed be seats available, however those seats are reserved for students atop the current wait-list for the course. You can see on the current schedule if there is a wait-list active agent for each offered course .
I am on a wait-list for a course I want, how will I know when I can get in or not?
Every Monday and Thursday dawn, the Registrar ’ mho Office runs the wait-list report that provides access to self-registration for those atop the wait-list for courses that have available seats. Students will be provided this registration permit through their Loras e-mail. Students are encouraged to check their e-mail frequently on these days to ensure their adjustment for the wait-listed course. If you do not respond to the e-mail, then your registration for this class will expire and the following person atop the wait-list will have the option to register for the course. Remember to check your e-mail spam booklet vitamin a well as your inbox for this registration allow .
How do I drop a course?
Students can drop a path on-line by filling out the “ Drop Form, ” located on the IQ main-page. This form sends an electronic mail to the Registrar ’ sulfur Office advise that a student wishes to drop a course. Students may besides drop a naturally by visiting the Registrar ’ mho Office ( Keane Hall, Room 121 ) and completing the course dismiss form. Students who wish to drop a course in person must provide a photograph ID for confirmation.

How do I declare a major or minor?
Students can declare a major or minor by accessing the accurate form listed on the IQ Main Page, under Academic Forms. Make surely if you are declaring a second major to country that the second major is in accession to your beginning major. This option is available within the Declaration of Major Form itself .
How do I know if I need to apply for readmission?
If a student has not taken at least one credit in the past two semesters, then the student must formally reapply to Loras as a Returning Student. Students who have been gone for only one term may contact their former adviser to register for classes .
If I’m a current student how may I receive credit for a college-level course from other institutions?
Loras College understands that you may find it necessary to explore taking some coursework off-campus during at some decimal point in your clock here. If you wish to do so, please remember to submit a request to take a course off-campus on your Portal IQ Main Page. bankruptcy to do so may result in rejection of remove credit rating. A completed and approved Course Substitution Form may be required for the course to be counted during your platform completion audit, which takes set upon your contract of your purpose to graduate .

reference :
Category : Education

Trả lời

Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai.