Hair removal: How to wax
At-home waxing can be an low-cost method for hair removal, but it ’ sulfur crucial to take precautions. For the best proficiency and results, dermatologists recommend following these tips .
At-home waxing can be an low-cost method acting for haircloth removal, but it ’ south important to take precautions. Never wax sunburned or identical sensitive peel, and don ’ t wax if you have taken isotretinoin in the last six months. It may besides be a beneficial idea to leave brazilian waxes to the professionals, since the skin in that area is particularly delicate.
Reading: Hair removal: How to wax
For the best technique and results, dermatologists recommend the succeed tips :
- Ensure optimal hair length. Before wax, make certain your hair is about one-fourth to three-fourths of an column inch long. If hair is longer, trim it to a unretentive length using condom scissors so that waxing will be less messy and afflictive .
- Avoid retinoid creams before waxing. Avoid using over-the-counter skin wish products containing vitamin a1 and prescription retinoids two to five days prior to waxing your face to avoid removing skin along with your hair .
- Reduce discomfort. Since waxing can be painful for some people, consider ways to reduce discomfort. Taking over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen, or applying cold packs to the skin about 30 minutes before waxing, may help.
- Wash and dry the area. Before waxing, lightly wash the area you ’ re about to wax to remove dirt, dead peel cells and skin care products. Afterwards, dry your skin thoroughly. Clean, dry skin allows the wax to adhere by rights .
- Warm the wax. Follow the directions on the package, and constantly test the temperature of the wax by applying a little come to the inside of your wrist. It should be warm, but not hurt or burn .
- Apply the wax. Apply the wax to a small section of your bark with undesirable hair’s-breadth. For the best results, constantly spread the wax in the guidance of hair growth .
- Apply the cloth strip. Once the wax is applied, place the fabric airstrip over the wax and iron down firm. Leave the fabric on for two to three seconds.
- Remove the cloth strip. To remove, hold your skin taut with one hand and use your other hired hand to promptly pull off the fabric in the inverse direction of hair growth. If you ’ re waxing a crafty blot to reach, such as the underarms, consider asking a friend or relative to help you .
- Soothe your skin. After waxing, soothe your peel by applying cold packs if you have pain, avoiding hot baths and showers, wearing loosen clothing and applying moisturizer that won ’ metric ton clog your pores. Look for moisturizers labeled “ oil-free ” or “ non-comedogenic. ”
If you follow the instructions, at-home wax is a safe and effective way to remove undesirable consistency hair. however, if you experience red or swelling after waxing that lasts more than two days, see a board-certified dermatologist .