What to Know
- Choose your TV from Control Center > Screen Mirroring or by selecting the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar.
- When the AirPlay icon turns blue, AirPlay is active and mirroring your selected Apple or smart TV.
- Adjust the mirroring display size from the AirPlay drop-down menu or System Preferences > Displays.
This article explains how to AirPlay from Mac to a television. Once you ’ ve enabled AirPlay on your Mac, you can cast from your Mac to your Apple or compatible bright television receiver with a few clicks .
These instructions apply to Macs running macOS Big Sur ( 11.0 ), macOS Catalina ( 10.15 ), and macOS Mojave ( 10.14 ).
Reading: How to AirPlay From a Mac to a TV
How Do I Enable AirPlay on My Mac ?
To turn on AirPlay on your Mac, use the menu bar or Control Center .
Select the AirPlay status icon in the menu bar .
If you don ’ thymine see this picture, go to System Preferences > Displays and select the corner next to Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available .
Choose the Apple television receiver or AirPlay-compatible television receiver from the number of options under AirPlay To .
- alternatively, open Control Center > select Screen Mirroring and choose the appoint of your television. To AirPlay audio from the Control Center, click the AirPlay audio icon and choose a compatible loudspeaker from the tilt .
If it ’ s your first clock time connecting to your smart television, input the code you see on your television when prompted on your Mac .
How Do I Mirror My Mac to My television receiver ?
once you ’ ve turned on AirPlay on your Mac, mirroring your display to your television happens mechanically. You can make adjustments to the mirror size for the best experience .
Select the blue AirPlay status icon in the menu bar after enabling AirPlay .
Review the mirror options from the AirPlay drop-down menu under AirPlay: TV_Name. Mirror TV_Name is the default typeset, which means the content mirrored to your television receiver will match your television receiver ’ second display size .
To change mirroring to your Mac ’ s built-in display, blue-ribbon Mirror Built-in Display_Name .
If you want to mirror the content from a particular app or video recording with AirPlay functionality, select the AirPlay icon and choose your smart television from the list of available devices .
How Do I AirPlay From My Mac to My Smart television Without Apple television ?
You don ’ t need an Apple television receiver to enjoy AirPlay screen door mirror or sound recording molding from your Mac, provided you have a compatible television receiver. The steps for turning on and using AirPlay are the lapp as connecting to an Apple television.
however, hera are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you can AirPlay seamlessly from your Mac to a non-Apple smart television .
- Make sure your smart TV is AirPlay-compatible: Many smart TVs now come with AirPlay or AirPlay 2 support for audio casting. Roku TVs and streaming devices and several Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio smart TVs come enabled with AirPlay. To make sure your TV can AirPlay, check with the manufacturer or browse this list of AirPlay 2-compatible TVs.
- Connect to the same wireless network: For the best results with getting AirPlay up and running, connect your Mac and smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network before enabling AirPlay.
- Update your TV software: It’s always wise to keep your smart TV current with the latest software upgrades. Check for an update before you try to AirPlay from your Mac.
- Adjust AirPlay settings on your smart TV: The exact AirPlay settings location will vary depending on your TV model, but generally, you’ll find this section from the Settings area of your smart TV. To choose whether you’ll require a passcode each time you connect to your TV from your Mac or reset the connection with specific devices, you can do so here.
How do I AirPlay from my Mac to a Samsung TV?
If you have an AirPlay 2-compatible Samsung television receiver, follow the above instructions for enabling and using AirPlay mirror or casting from your Mac. Both Apple and Samsung list compatible TVs and monitors on their documentation sites. For help finding your television model number, look on the packaging, in the user manual, or on the bet on of the device .
How do I AirPlay from a Mac to a Fire TV?
To cast to a Fire Stick from a Mac, download an app such as AirScreen on your Fire Stick. then select your Fire Stick device from the AirPlay icon drop-down menu on your Mac. You can besides use the above instructions to AirPlay from your Mac to select Toshiba and Insignia Amazon Fire smart TVs that are AirPlay 2-enabled with a software upgrade .
Read more: Greasy Hair: Tips to Get Rid of It