How to add a signature to a PDF
- Open the PDF file inAdobe Acrobat Reader.
- Click onFill & Sign in theTools acid on the right .
- chinkSign, and then select
- A popup will open, giving you three options—Type ,Draw, andImage. once you ’ re done, click theApply push button .
- Drag, resize and position the signature inside your PDF file .
e-signatures through online forms (and even when you are offline), Jotform offers robust If you would like to collect, Jotform offers full-bodied e-signature widgets along with thousands of shape templates ! Though most people are used to signing paper documents with a pen, electronic signatures are becoming more coarse, specially in the follow instances :
- Businesses or individuals that provide services much need a signed shrink for a undertaking .
- Employers may ask newly hired employees or interviewees to sign a non-disclosure agreement .
- Landlords and tenants both have to sign a lease or rental agreement
- Companies that rely on on-line forms to collect information from their users may need signed consent from their respondents .
Signing PDF files may seem daunting, specially if you haven ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate done it before. If you ’ re a first-timer or person who needs a refresher on how to sign PDF documents, we ’ ve got your back.
It ’ s important to understand the difference between electronic signatures and digital signatures. This article discusses the electronic signature, the equivalent of your handwritten signature. It ’ s merely an image of your signature overlaid on a PDF document. A digital key signature, on the early hand, is cryptographically procure and verifies that person with your private sign key has seen the document and authorized it. It ’ sulfur very batten, but besides complicated. Digital signatures are the on-line equivalent to a notarize signature. A believe one-third party, known as a Certificate Authority serves as the notary in terms of verifying your identity .
Since an electronic touch is what most people expect when they send you a document to sign, we ’ ll focus on that summons. If you ’ re a Windows user, you ’ re credibly conversant with a PDF reader—an application installed on your personal computer that allows you to open PDF files ( with a .pdf file extension ). The most democratic option these days is Adobe Acrobat Reader.
We ’ ll assume that you already have your favorite PDF reviewer installed on your personal computer .
Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Click the File menu > Open… then, select the PDF file you want to sign .
Click on Fill & Sign in theTools pane on the good .
If you ’ re not seeing the Tools pane, iron SHIFT+F4 on your keyboard .
A toolbar will appear at the top of your document .
Click Sign, and then select Add Signature.
A popup will open, giving you three options—Type ,Draw, andImage. once you ’ re done, click theApply button .
Type allows you to type your name in cursive format. You ’ ra free to change the style of the signature .
Draw allows you to draw the touch using your shiner, touchpad, or a write if you ’ re using a touch screen device .
Image allows you to select an image file of your key signature .
Drag, resize and position the signature inside your PDF file.
Quick Guide: How to Sign Electronically on different devices
- Windows – Open the PDF inAdobe Acrobat Reader then pawlFill & Sign in the properly pane to add a signature .
- Mac –
Open the PDF in thePreview app then click the Signature icon on the top menu to create/insert a signature .
- Android – Open the PDF inAdobe Acrobat Reader android app, click the Pen icon then selectFill & Sign to add a touch
- iOS – Long press the keep open PDF file then selectMarkup, click the summation icon⊕ then selectSignature to insert a signature
Sign PDF on Mac
Whether you ’ re a clientele owner or an individual, you might have been asked to sign a PDF document. You don ’ triiodothyronine want to be one of those people who print the document out, sign the composition, scan it again, and send it through electronic mail. While this method acting works, it is still time-consuming and inefficient. If you ’ re a Mac drug user, then here ’ s an easy room to sign a PDF electronically. Please see our steer, “ How to add a key signature to a PDF on Mac Preview “ .
Sign PDF on Android
With today ’ second engineering, you have the might to keep your occupation moving properly in the palm of your hand. You can just take care of your computer tasks like signing a PDF from the public toilet of your front-runner mobile devices like an Android earphone or iPhone .
With your Android earphone, there are many apps that will let you sign a PDF but Adobe Acrobat Reader remains the simple to use and is exempt to install. You can download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your Android call then follow these steps to sign the PDF .
- Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader app .If it’s your first time to open the Adobe Acrobat Reader app, you need to sign in to your Adobe account, or you can choose to skip by hitting the close (x) icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- In the app, tap the plus icon ⊕ thenEdit PDF to edit a PDF file. You can besides go to theFiles check then selectOn This Device so you can view all the PDF files on your device and edit the PDF you want .
- After opening a PDF charge, tap the pencil icon then select Fill & Sign
- In the signature tools, tap the signature icon on the right side then select Create Signature to draw your signature
- After that, tap the Signature icon again and select the key signature you ’ ve created then tap anywhere in the PDF document where you want the key signature to appear .
The whole process of Android is as follows :
Sign PDF on IOS
If you ’ re an iPhone/iPad user, you can use the built-in feature of speech called Markup. With Markup, you can easily add a touch to a PDF document heterosexual from the Mail app. here ’ south how :
- Tap the impound PDF Document in the Mail app .
- Click the Markup button on the top right corner of the shield .
- Tap the plus button then selectSignature so you can add the signature you want .
The hale process of io is as follows :
Create a PDF Form with a signature block for free! Looking to collect signatures on PDFs ?