Live Well. Eat Well. Be Well
The Aberdeen Family YMCA offers a variety show of Nutrition Services to both members and non-members because we know that making the life style changes can be unmanageable .
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
A Registered Dietitian Nutritionist ( RDN ) is a food and nutrition technical who takes the skill of nutrition and puts it into healthy live solutions for you. They are certified by the Commission on Dietetics Registration while continuing their education .
What can a Dietitian do for you?
A Dietitian will provide you with the best advice on food and nutrition to help you improve your life style. Through measurements, diet history and goals, the dietician will work hand in pass with you to make changing your life style deserving it for the long-run !
Meet Your Registered Dietitian Nutritionist!
Emily Newton, RDN, LN
Emily is an independent contracted Registered and Licensed dietician Nutritionist. She received her Bachelor ’ s degree in Dietetics from South Dakota State University and completed over 1200 hours of oversee practice in the clinical, management, and community settings through Iowa State University. Emily ’ sulfur specialties include : weight management, diabetes management, adolescent nutriment, and nutrition education within the community. Emily besides has an matter to in sports nutriment, as she recently participated in college athletics at the Division I level. Emily can guide each node in establishing a meal plan that uniquely fits their lifestyles. We are all unique with differing metabolisms, lifestyles and drill habits. Incorporating proper nutriment to help you reach your short and farseeing term goals is essential to succeeding in a life of better health.
Emily ’ randomness services vary from helping those that are new to exercise to beginner exercisers to athletes competing to reach their goals in high school and collegiate sports, marathons, and triathlons. She has experience with senesce groups ranging from adolescents to baby boomers .
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT with Emily Newton or call 605-225-4910
Reasons To See Emily:
- Weight Loss: Personal nutrition training through education in lifestyle changes and a personalized menu planning guide on how to feed your body well
- High Blood Pressure: Improve both diastolic and systolic numbers
- High Cholesterol: Lower bad cholesterol and improve good cholesterol
- Diabetes/Gestational Diabetes: Improve blood sugars by providing constant carb menu plans and helping improve your A1C
- Compulsive/Overeating: Simple tips and exercises to help decrease overeating
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Cope with constipation, Crohn’s disease, IBS, and many others
- Sports Nutrition: Nutrition solutions to help improve physical performance
- Fatigue: Simple ideas to help rejuvenate your life
- Pregnancy: Control portion sizes and the rate of healthy weight gain during pregnancy for healthy delivery
- Exercise: Basic and advanced ideas to help you start a regime
- Or anyone interested in improving their overall health and wellness for long-term success
Emily offers Nutrition Counseling with initial visit ( 70 minutes ) and follow up visits ( 40 minutes ) to keep you on track .
Body Composition Assessments are now available!
For Ages 12+
Read more: 2022 Best Psychology Schools
Email Emily Newton at enewton @ aberdeenymca.org
Look Beyond The Scale!
See you what you ’ rhenium made of with the InBody 270, a fresh piece of equipment that uses up-to-date engineering to measure many areas, including :
- Lean Body Mass
- Dry Lean Mass
- Total Body Water
- Body Fat Mass
- Skeletal Muscle Mass
- Percent Body Fat
- Body Mass Index
- Segmental Lean Analysis
- Basal Metabolic Rate
Results In A Flash
assessment appointments are only 15 minutes and include a wide analysis printout of your results.
Read more: Theatre Education & Performance
InBody is trusted by top hospitals, gymnasium and professional sports teams because of its preciseness and still of use. The machine is fast, accurate and non-invasive. It is besides the lone machine that is correlated to be 98 % vitamin a accurate as the DEXA ( Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometer ) normally regarded as the diligence ’ s gold standard. The modal monetary value of a DEXA scan is $ 132 .
Explore The Results Sheet
Each InBody Test will print out a full-page results sheet detailing the muscle, fat, and water values of the drug user. The results sheet will be explained in full during your visit .
For the most accurate and consistent results, we encourage participants to adhere to the postdate guidelines anterior to testing :
- Hydrate well the day before.
- Do not drink caffeine 3-4 hours before testing.
- Do not eat for 3 to 4 hours before testing.
- Do not exercise 6 to 12 hours before testing.
- Do not take InBody test after a shower or sauna.
- Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before testing.
- Avoid using lotion on hands or feet.
- For women, avoid testing if you are menstruating.
- Individuals with pacemakers and other electronic medical devices or women who are pregnant should not use InBody.