Whether you ’ ra curious about the fundamentals or in the process of deploying 5G, this library includes the National 5G Strategy, CISA ’ s 5G Strategy, educational television, 5G overcast cybersecurity guidance, and other resources .
CISA’s 5G Resources
CISA 5G Strategy
Reading: 5G Library | CISA
The CISA 5G Strategy details CISA ’ s approach to advance the growth and deployment of a secure and bouncy 5G, one that promotes home security system, datum integrity, technical invention, and economic opportunity for the United States and its allied partners .
5G Basics Infographic
The 5G Basics Infographic educates stakeholders on 5G basics, use-cases, how it compares to 4G, and key 5G challenges and risks .
5G Market Penetration and Risk Factors Infographic
This infographic provides a high-level overview of blue-ribbon mobile net equipment components market leaders, major components of 5G network, and points of vulnerability in the 5G network .
CISA’s 5G Innovation & Transformation Video Series
This video, CISA’s Role in 5G Security and Implementation, explains the development of telecommunication networks from 1G to 5G, its implications to the Nation ’ s infrastructure and National Critical Functions, and CISA ’ s function in working with diligence and the international community to help enhance ensure 5G security and execution .
This video, 5G Implementation Security Risks, identifies the five elementary buckets of vulnerability ( 5G deployment, network security, habit of untrustworthy components, the ICT add chain, and the possible loss of rival and choice ) that provide the foundation needed to understand 5G risk.
This television, 5G Spectrum, provides an overview of the three unlike sections of the radio receiver frequency spectrum—5G low band, 5G mid band, and 5G high band— that radio receiver carriers are using to deploy 5G cellular network engineering and the challenges that comes with deployment .
With faster download speeds, reduced wait times, and increased capacity, this television, 5G Use Cases, details these three basal consumption cases that were developed by standard bodies to guide how 5G would improve upon previous generations to create a better user experience .
5G External Resources
These resources are provided “ as is ” for informational purposes entirely. The Department of Homeland Security ( DHS ) does not provide warranties of any kind regarding this information, nor does it endorse any commercial intersection, service, or subjects of analysis. Any references to specific commercial products, processes, or services by service mark, brand, manufacturer, or differently, does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favor by DHS .
3rd Generation Partnership Project ( 3GPP )
- A telecommunications standards organization that develops a series of releases to provide developers with a stable platform for the implementation of cellular telecommunication features. Releases 15, 16, and 17 focus on 5G.
model to Conduct 5G Testing
- A framework by the Federal Mobility Group (FMG) to support the diverse needs of federal use-cases of 5G as well as coordination of 5G test activities across the federal government.
National Strategy to Secure 5G
- Released in March 2020, the National Strategy to Secure 5G outlines how the Nation will safeguard 5G infrastructure domestically and abroad. In January 2021, the accompanying Implementation Plan was released. Both document puts the United States on the path to make sure that we are equipped to continue development, deployment, and management of secure and reliable 5G.
National Telecommunications and Information Administration ( NTIA )
- Housed within the Department of Commerce, NTIA is principally responsible for advising the President on telecommunications and information policy issues.
- An effort committed to transforming radio access networks (RAN) towards open, intelligent, virtualized and fully interoperable RAN.
State Department ’ s 5G web site
- Provides the latest security and policy concerns related to 5G.